Friday, July 18, 2014

2 weeks and counting.

I leave Buffalo in approximately two weeks. It's strange to think that I have spent the majority of my adult life in this city and now I am getting ready to leave it all behind. The city has treated me well. Here, I graduated with my degree from the University at Buffalo in May 2013. Since then I have been working with 8th graders as a student advocate, tutor and teachers assistant. I have made countless connections to many good people. I have eaten lots of chicken wings and have visited Niagara Falls more times then I can count. It was the first place I came after I moved out of my parents house and went independently out into the world. I guess I never knew it until recently but I believe I am a Buffalo girl now. A little piece of my heart will always resign here.

At the end of those two weeks I will be getting on a plane and flying to my sister in North Carolina. She lives there on the Marine base with her husband and they are expecting their first child a little more than a month from now. I am so happy for them and also I am so excited to be an aunt! I'll be there with my sis before the baby comes. I hope to help her set up the baby room and do her general bidding while she is massively rotund. I really look forward to hanging out with her and her hubby for a bit. After that, I head to the site of my new job. I found out last week that I have been hired for a seasonal employment position as an environmental educator for a camp in Alabama. I am just so excited to be heading on this amazing adventure. I know this will be a big transition in my life but it is one that I have been waiting for, for some time now. Buffalo is a very homely city but to be honest I am ready to leave the nest. I pray that in the coming months I find happiness along this new path that life is leading me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment