Monday, July 21, 2014

thanks Olmsted.

Yesterday we had great weather. Kevin and I decided to start our day in lovely Williamsville for breakfast. After waiting for over a half an hour for a table at this crepe restaurant we decided to give up and go with bagels instead. After that I dropped him off at work and made my way towards Delaware Park. My first stop was the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. I thought it would be a great activity for my Sunday afternoon but when I got there I changed my plans. It turns out there was a free jazz concert on the lawn. I wound up meeting these two older ladies and I joined them to listen to the music. After the show, I made my way to the path along the parks lake. Like New York City's Central Park, the park was designed by Fredrick Law Olmsted. The place makes me feel like I am wandering a European estate in the 1800's. I could just sit under the massive weeping willows all day. I ate my lunch under the trees, played my ukulele for a bit and then tried to play frisbee for a minute until I remembered how bad I am at frisbee. Overall, it was the perfect lazy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment