Wednesday, August 6, 2014

me in the mist.

Looking for some thrills in the Buffalo/Niagara area? Well, ya gotta go to the Maid of the Mist. For my last week in town I had the opportunity to go with my job for a sort of field trip with some of the BPN people. The Maid of the Mist is essentially a ferry that takes you on a 20 minute 'tour' that brings you up close to the Falls. You get to wear one of the famous Maid of the Mist ponchos that is really a blue plastic bag with a couple of holes in the top. I loved that I got to enjoy the trip with the kids from my school because they were so amazed by the force of the Falls and really appreciated the incredible wonder of nature that it is. Many people I speak to often take Niagara Falls for granted as it is a bad tourist trap in an economically depressed part of town. But really, it is like no other place on Earth and I am thankful to have gotten so many chances to gazed upon its massive amounts of running water.


No comments:

Post a Comment